Monday, January 11, 2010

Good news! I don't have to fly to California to punch anyone in the neck.

So, in case you haven't been keeping score, the dress situation goes like this. I found a dress in July. I showed it to my mom in August, and she loved it. Hooray! Ordering = go. Of course, it took a bit for me to get up on it... I think I finally placed the order sometime in September. They told me it would arrive in December. Fabulous.

Then, it shipped in October. I freaked out! "I'm not ready to deal with the dress yet!" I said. I considered sticking the box in the bottom of a closet for two months. Well, thank god I didn't, because when I pulled it out I found that it had a three inch pen mark on it. Yeah.

Dress got sent back... eventually. Took me a minute to coordinate that - I'm a busy woman you know. OK, so a few weeks later I got back my "fixed" dress. It looked like a 7th grade home ec project. Not cool, not what you want in your wedding dress to say the least. Strongly worded emails ensued.

Well, I was refunded for the dress and for my shipping costs, and ordered a completely new dress in a different color. It arrived in the end of December, and last night I tried it on - shoes and petticoat and all.

And I am pleased to report that IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL DELIGHTFUL FABULOUS DRESS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my wedding dress, in other words. :) It makes me grin, it makes me prance, it makes me act kind of un-me-like (in a good way). It makes me feel lovely.

So alright universe, I've had enough trouble with the dress, kay? No destroying it when I fly down for the wedding or any such nonsense. GOT THAT?! Awesome, love ya!

3 comments:

Kim said...

what color???????????

melissa bastian. said...

BLUE! OMG so blue. Sort of a robin egg-y. The most beautiful color that has ever existed on the planet earth. :)

chelake said...

Yes! I have been waiting and hoping to see this blue dress on you! Awesome. Glad you are happy with it!